With the return to school next Monday under Covid Level Two, I want to emphasise the following points with you.
Our main focus under Level 2 will be on the wellbeing and safety of our students and staff. This will include an emphasis on health and safety and contact tracing. Health and safety plans will help us minimize the risk of someone getting infected in the first place and the contact tracing side will provide us the ability to identify anyone who has been in close contact with any probable or confirmed cases.
- The school is required to follow strict guidelines and protocols as set out by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education. We will continue to follow their advice during this time and will keep you advised of any updates and changes as the come to hand.
- A form of online learning will be available for students who are not able to return to school. If your child is NOT returning to school next Monday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise.
- No one is allowed in the school if they are unwell. If your child is sick, please keep them at home. Anyone who is self-isolating, or has been advised by the health authorities to remain at home while they wait for a Covid test result, must stay at home.
- There will be a big focus on washing/sanitising hands.
- Students cannot share anything (food, stationery etc)
- We will be discouraging visitors to the school unless essential. All visitors must use the front door, knocking to be let in and sanitizing their hands on entry. We will keep a contact register at the office for all visitors and for Ministry of Health tracking purposes, for those who do not have the tracking app installed on their phone. Visitors to the office will be on a one in, one out basis. This includes parents/caregivers.
- On arrival at school each day, children are to go directly to their Block and wash/sanitise hands.
- Physical Distancing – In an Alert Level 2 school environment, children and staff will be maintaining a physical distance so that they are not breathing on or touching each other. There are situations where physical distancing is not possible, such as some sporting activities. In these situations, extra emphasis on handwashing and drying (or cleansing with hand sanitiser) before and after activities will be required.
- Good hygiene practices (coughing into your elbow, handwashing and drying) and regular cleaning of commonly touched surfaces will be in place and encouraged.
- Students will need to bring a drink bottle to school which can be refilled at our drink fountains. Students will be asked to not drink directly from a drink fountain.
- The lunchroom will not be open on Monday but will open on Tuesday
- We will be asking students to create their own contact register which they can complete at the end of break time. This will be a great way for the kids to understand the importance of capturing this information in general. The idea is that they would capture people who they have had close contact with during break times who are not part of their block.
- The school bus will be running as normal, starting Monday morning, with health and safety changes implemented by the bus company and the need for our students to wear a mask/face covering.
The staff and Board are committed to doing all that we can to support your children and family in returning to school. We look forward to seeing our students next Monday.