Please see the letter below sent to parents/caregivers this afternoon:
23 March 2020
Dear Parents and Caregivers
You are no doubt aware that the Prime Minister has today announced that the Government is moving New Zealand to a level 3 alert immediately and a level 4 alert in 48 hours.
For education this means that schools are closed tomorrow and Wednesday for all students except for those whose parents/caregivers are employed in essential services. From Thursday all schools are closed for all students. This will be for the next 4 weeks at least.
If your child does not have a device to access Google Classroom, please come in to school on either Tuesday or Wednesday, to borrow a Chromebook. We request that you sign for this. This will enable them to access Education Perfect at home through their log on details. They can also be in contact with their teacher through Google Classroom.
For those without internet access, teachers are working on hard copy material that we can deliver to your letter box.
We will continue to communicate with you through email.
We know COVID-19 feels scary and of course people are concerned for the wellbeing of their children, whanau and families. Practicing good hygiene is still the best thing we can all do to prevent illness. The best way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 is:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have been to any countries or territories of concern or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
- Use reputable websites for your information:
- Ministry of Health https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- World Health Organisation https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_1
Please be assured Grant and I will keep you up to date with any further developments as they come to hand. We will advise you when schools will reopen when this information is to hand.
Take care, stay kind to each other and yourselves, and stay safe.
Chair –Board of Trustees